Huntingdon’s home care and support
Finding out that you or a loved one is suffering from Huntington’s disease is a huge shock. At Helping Hands we understand that the impact on the person and those closest to them can be devastating.
Our fully trained staff are able to provide a range of high quality services and care to help you and your family manage the different challenges of Huntington’s disease without the need of you or your loved one leaving their/your home.
These can include support to:
- Manage anxiety or loneliness
- Maintain general health and ease symptoms. For example, helping you to establish a regular exercise routine and to eat and drink well
- Take medicines you need and attend medical appointments to keep you as well as possible
- Do general chores around your home such as cleaning, laundry and shopping
- Help with your personal care and hygiene
- Live the end of your life in your own home, in dignity the way you want.
Each person and their family will have a different experience of Huntingdon’s, so a unique care plan that gives you the care and support you need, when and how you want it is important.
Symptoms change and develop over time, so we will regularly talk to you to about any changes that you may need to alter in your care and support plan.
Contact us today to find out more about the Huntingdon’s care services we provide.