Join our age-friendly company
Do you get satisfaction from supporting others? If you’ve got a warm heart and a compassionate nature, become a carer and a valued part of our friendly team.
Working as a carer or personal assistant is one of the most rewarding jobs around. You’ll be supporting people to live their lives in the way they want, while still being able to stay in their own homes.
We’re welcoming applications from people of all ages, from 18 years and over. Apply now for a fulfilling and rewarding role in a family-run team.
Types of home care jobs
There are two types of home care jobs available.
Live-in carer jobs
- You’ll be matched with a customer and stay in their home with them for 2-6 weeks at a time with daily breaks
- You can earn up to £580 each week, as well as paid holiday and pension contributions
- Full training and support that doesn’t stop once you’re in your placement, together with a 24/7 carer helpline
- You have the freedom to work flexibly – many carers enjoy periods of time off to travel and visit family between placements
Visiting carer jobs
Or, if you’d prefer to stay in your own home, a visiting carer job may be just for you. You visit individuals in your local area and offer short spells of care within their homes.
- You have flexible working patterns – just tell us your regular availability
- We offer mileage allowance, paid holidays, and contribute towards your pension
- Comprehensive training is provided, alongside support from your local manager
- The best pay rates in the industry, with extra on bank holidays
Why choose Helping Hands
There are so many reasons as to why people over 65 are looking to pursue a career with Helping Hands. Here are a few of them:
The option of career progression
Develop your skills as a carer, or move on into an office-based role.
We’re not an agency
We will directly employ you which means that you can count on holiday pay, 24/7 support and pension contributions.
Comprehensive and award-winning training
The course is run by our specialists, who have all worked as carers themselves, and follows the national standard with extra ongoing support and refresher training.
A supportive work environment
Our large network of experts mean there’s always support available, coming from either your manager or our 24-hour helpline.
Flexible work patterns and regular customers
You tell us your availability and we’ll match you to our customers based on your skills, personality and previous experience.
Register your interest today
Get in touch to find out more and express your interest. We can arrange a detailed chat with someone in our team.
Need more information?
We’re here to talk through the many job opportunities available here at Helping Hands. Call us on 03331224269 if you’d like to join our team or send us a message.