Age doesn't matter to us. A warm heart does.
Could you help someone to live independently at home? Whether you’re looking for a new job after retirement or simply want a new focus, many retirees and the over sixties are choosing a rewarding and flexible career in home care.
No previous experience or qualifications are needed to work as a carer. With Helping Hands, we provide all the training you need before you start together with ongoing dedicated support.
Plus, as a valued member of our family-run company, you’ll receive all the benefits of being directly employed, including paid holidays and a contribution to your pension.
Choosing a rewarding job in care
There are two types of jobs available. To apply, simply complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.
Live-in carer jobs
- Live with a customer in their own home, staying for 2-6 weeks at a time
- Flexible work with daily breaks and time off between placements
- Earn up to £560 per week, together with paid holidays and pension contributions
- Full training provided, plus support from your manager, mentor and our 24/7 carer helpline
- Live-in carers enjoy mixing work with travel and seeing friends and family
Care assistant jobs
- Visit customers in their own homes within your local area
- Flexible work for regular days and times each week
- The best rates in the industry, with increases for bank holidays
- Perks of being directly employed: mileage allowance, paid holidays and a pension
- Full training provided, plus support from your local manager and our 24/7 carer helpline
- Visiting carers enjoy working close to home and supporting regular customers
Meet Jerry, a retired teacher who now works as a carer
Today, Jerry is a Helping Hands carer and visits customers in his town of Redditch on a part-time basis. No longer doing any of the physical tasks, one of the biggest things he loves about his role is leaving people in a better state than when he arrived.
“If you have that interest in care, try it,” he says. “Most people in this world are capable of kindness and consideration. Doing this job brings out that caring aspect of your nature, which you may not have realised you had.” Read Jerry’s story
Simply complete this form and we'll be in touch
Need more information?
We’re here to talk through the many job opportunities available here at Helping Hands. Call us on 08437758061 if you’d like to join our team or send us a message.