What does a live-in care job role in London involve?
Becoming a live-in carer can be one of the most gratifying decisions a person can make; you can make an incredible impact on someone’s life and see the difference that you’re making every day. Here at Helping Hands, we’ve been providing person-centred homecare for over 30 years, and we are looking for more compassionate people to join our London team.
As a live-in carer, you will receive a comprehensive training programme, excellent pay and great benefits, including paid holidays. You will also receive full support from your line manager to ensure that you have everything you need, as well as flexibility with your placements to enable you to travel or visit family in between your customers.
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications in care, as we provide a fully-detailed training plan as well as regular refresher courses. All we ask is that you are a kind and compassionate person who is willing to help us make a difference to the lives of families across London by providing an exceptional level of care.Apply now Find your next job
Live In Care Jobs in London
Our award-winning London team is growing and we’re looking for friendly and compassionate cares to join us. We’re currently advertising for the following positions in the London area, but if these roles aren’t right for you then please click here for details on our other vacancies. Alternatively, you can call us on 0333 122 4269 to speak to our recruitment team.
Live-in Carer Job Role
You may have already cared for a family member or friend or worked for a care agency before. Our 30 years of experience as the leading live-in care provider has shown that previous care experience simply isn’t necessary to become an incredible carer. We’ll provide you with completely free, award-winning carer training at our head office in Warwickshire, which will set you up to be the best carer you can possibly be. After being carefully matched with a customer that shares your hobbies and interests, you will then be ready to go and make a huge difference to someone’s life.
First of all, we need to make sure you have the right to work in the UK, but once you have joined us as a valued member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Flexible work with regular breaks and time off between placements
- Free accommodation and food whilst you’re on placement
- Up to 28 days of paid holiday a year, plus pension contributions
- Ongoing dedicated care and support from us
As the largest provider of live-in care in the UK, we have a huge range of placements that are available right now in the London area – which means that we have the best opportunities for you to work quickly and flexibly.
Work as a live-in carer where your job fits around you and your lifestyle, and you can earn between £500 – £580 per week.
Area Care Manager Job Role
Our Area Care Manager role is based regionally and responsible for the safe and secure delivery of care to our customers while actively managing your Live-in Care Managers in the field. Your remit will be wide and varied, and you will be actively participating in the growth and development of live-in care in your area, as well as managing budgets to ensure profitability of the business. As an Area Care Manager you will lead, guide and support your Live-in Care Managers in the operational day-to-day running of their region, and drive them to achieve their KPI’s and targets whilst adhering to CQC regulations and company policies.
- Identify any areas of growth to improve the development and performance of the live-in team to retain and grow the service
- Be accountable and manage a caseload of customers
- Ensure ‘best practice’ is shared throughout the live-in service to improve and exceed overall effectiveness, performance and service standards
- Support the Live-in Care Managers in the continual development of the Helping Hands brand and excellent service delivery to both customers and carers
- Ensure the compliance and quality for all live-in customers is met in line with CQC standards and legislative requirements
- Manage training delivery across the region and ensure regional training resources are used efficiently
- Responsible for the recruitment of staff in the live-in service
Who you are
You will be an experienced regional leader, ideally with multi-site background within domiciliary care or the healthcare sector.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary and benefits package (including performance related bonus, car allowance, paid travel expenses, 23 days holiday and pension)
Operations Director Job Role
Our Operations Director is essential in upholding our high levels of customer service and maintaining quality and compliance with our brand. As an Operations Director, you will be responsible for the provision of leadership, direction and management support in all aspects of the operations function to all managers within the region with a keen focus on quality standards, growth and performance.
- Agree, set and implement an agreed strategy for the profitable growth of the region to ensure Helping Hands continues to be the market leading provider of care
- Provide clear leadership, guidance and direction for the management team to ensure key goals are identified and achieved
- Identify any areas of opportunity to improve the development and profitability of the region
- To support managers in maximising the profitable growth of their region by producing a challenging and realistic budget that improves the growth and contribution of every region
- Ensure ‘best practice’ is shared throughout the region to improve and exceed overall effectiveness, performance and service standards
- Working with the Head of Quality as required to ensure the compliance and quality of the region is met in line with CQC standards and legislative requirements
- Continually develop the Helping Hands brand
- Be the Registered Manager for the live-in service for the region
Who you are
You will have extensive operations management experience ideally with multi-site background within domiciliary care.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including performance related bonus, car allowance, Private Health Insurance, DIS, 25 days holiday and pension)
- Comprehensive tailored induction plan
- Ongoing personal development and career progression
Comprehensive training programme
We’re proud to be the only homecare provider endorsed as a Centre of Excellence by Skills for Care as well as being fully licensed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). This stems from the compassionate nature of the carers that we employ as well as the intensive training programme that we provide.
Prior to your first placement, we will provide you with a fully-detailed training programme with a range of modules including manual handling, health & safety, safeguarding, equality & diversity, medication support and many more.
As the leading dementia specialists in the UK, we will also provide detailed dementia training to ensure that you have the knowledge and understanding to support any customer living with dementia to live as independently as possible.
An addition to all these added benefits, there is also a number of fantastic opportunities for progression.
Why work for Helping Hands?
By becoming a live-in carer, you will be making a real difference to someone’s life. You will be fully supported by your line-manager who will ensure that you are happy and comfortable in your placement, as well as being provided with free training courses at our bespoke training facility in Warwickshire. You will be fully equipped to provide the best quality of care and this is also an exceptional tool for your own learning and development, too.
“I applied to join Helping Hands and continue to work for this company because I love what they stand for and how, as a team, we support our carers and other employees. How I’ve been supported throughout my career – as a carer and working at the branches and head office – is a real testament to this. Helping Hands is an amazing company to work for!”
Petra Sunkova, Worcester