Do something amazing. Become a carer.
If you’re looking for a more rewarding work-life, and one where you can make a real difference, then come and join our award-winning team as a live-in carer.
This June we’re holding two recruitment open days – at our office in Middlesbrough – where you can come and meet the live-in carer recruitment team, find out more about the role and take your first steps towards a more rewarding career.
Register your interest today – just complete the form so we can book your slot.
The role of a live-in carer
As a live-in carer, you’ll live with a customer in their own home for periods at a time (usually between 2-6 weeks), supporting them to live independently. No previous experience is necessary as we provide full training.
You could be supporting someone with housekeeping, cooking meals, medication support, personal care or help moving around the home. Carefully matched with them based on both of your personalities and preferences, live-in carers often become a friend to the people they support, and a great source of companionship.
Here’s what we provide in return:
- Earn up to £580 per week, with free accommodation and food while on placement
- Flexible work, with daily breaks and plenty of time-off between placements
- Free training before you start, together with refresher training as required
- Directly employed by Helping Hands, benefiting from paid holidays and pension
- Ongoing support from a locally based manager, a carer mentor and our 24/7 helpline
Dates of the open days
Please register your interest using the form below to book your slot at our open day in Middlesbrough.
Both of the events are held at Helping Hands offices at the following addresses. Expect to attend for three hours, allowing time for presentations and an interview.
Tuesday August 7th 2018
Helping Hands Middlesbrough
Unit 5, Boho 6
If you’re unavailable on these dates, please do still register so we can get the ball rolling for a phone interview and book you onto our free training.
What happens after registering?
Once you’ve registered for one of our open days:
- You will be contacted by our recruitment team to take you through a series of questions to make sure you’re a good fit for the role.
- Next, you’ll receive an allocated time slot for the open day, together with all the details. Expect to be there for three hours for presentations and an interview – refreshments will be provided.
- After the open day, you’ll be invited to complete our award-winning residential carer training in Warwickshire (accommodation provided for a minimal fee of £40 for the whole of your stay).
- Once you’ve completed training, you’re ready for your first placement as a live-in carer – we’ll arrange this for you and your local manager will provide ongoing support.