Knee and hip surgery aftercare at home
Hip and knee replacements are relatively short surgical procedures, but the recovery time can take weeks and sometimes months. We’re here to ease your recovery post-op, supporting with day-to-day tasks and strengthening exercises, all in the comfort of your home.
With the right level of specialist care, everyone should be able to recuperate in their own home after an operation. After all, it’s the environment we feel most comfortable in, with everything at-hand and the people we love close by to help with a smooth recovery.
Our nurse-led team helps make this possible by giving you the right level of support, whether that’s from a trusted visiting carer at certain times or dedicated assistance from a live-in carer. We can also provide respite care or emergency care as and when required.
Speak to us about your care needs today. With branches across England and Wales, your local care manager can visit you in person to discuss your needs.Request a callback Request a brochure
Benefits of home care after a hip or knee replacement
With the support of one of our trained and experienced carers, we can help you or your loved one experience a smoother recovery after a hip or knee operation. This is especially important in the first few challenging days.
A Helping Hands carer can help by:
- Assisting with regular physiotherapy exercises to strengthen your joints
- Safely supporting you with standing, sitting and moving from room to room
- Cooking meals and fetching your food shopping
- Doing the chores such as washing clothes and keeping your home clean and tidy
- Personal care such as washing, bathing and changing clothes
What are the options for aftercare?
Some of our customers arrange support for the first few challenging days after an operation. Others prefer assistance on an ongoing basis until they’re fully back on their feet.
Whatever your preference, our home care options are completely flexible. We find that all of our customers have unique situations and so we tailor home care to each and every one of them.
We can provide:
- Live-in care: a full-time carer who lives in your home, for just a few days or until you’re back on your feet
- Visiting care: a carer who visits little or often, when you need the extra support
- Respite care: cover if your usual carer needs a break or has let you down
- Emergency care: urgent help if or when you need it
- Elderly care: ranging from companionship to specific nursing support
We’re here to discuss your options over the phone and can even arrange for your local care contact to visit you at home. Call us today to find out more.
Read more about what live in care covers here.
Other people are interested in...
We’re here seven days a week to talk through your home care needs and find the best option for you. Call 03300376958 or request a callback and we will call you.