Care at home for the festive period
Christmas is a time for families to come together. However, for families with loved ones who have specific care requirements, Christmas can become a bit more complicated.
We’re here to help you enjoy Christmas and welcome in the New Year together, as a family. Get in touch with us to organise your loved one’s support ready for the festivities and throughout the whole Christmas period.
Getting care arranged in plenty of time not only gives you peace of mind that you’re ready for the big day, but also means we can find the right carer for you and your family.
Our home care support is available over the entire Christmas period, including on the following dates:
- Friday 24th December 2021 – Christmas Eve
- Saturday 25th December 2021 – Christmas Day
- Sunday 26th December 2021 – Boxing Day
- Friday 31st December 2021 – New Year’s Eve
- Saturday 1st January 2021 – New Year’s Day
Both our visiting and live-in carers can be found across England and Wales, and they’re all here to make sure that everyone can spend Christmas with their family around them, in the comfort of their own homes.
Call us today on 03300376958 or request a callback and we’ll help you to start planning for Christmas and the New Year.Call me back now
Coming home for Christmas
There’s something special about having all the family together for the Christmas period. Even if you have a loved one who is in a care home, it can still be possible to bring everyone together for the festive period.
Whether you need a visiting carer to just pop in to make sure your relative is ready for the festive celebrations, or a live-in carer to help them before, during, and after the big day, our carers will be there to make Christmas 2019 a wonderful occasion for everybody. Our carers will be on hand not only to make sure your loved one is comfortable during the celebrations, but also help with:
- Personal care – helping your relative or friend to get showered and ready for the day
- Dressing – encouraging them to pick out the right outfit
- Assisting with meals – making sure they have Christmas dinner according to their dietary needs and supervising swallowing
- Mobility support – helping them to and from a chair or the bathroom
Speak to one of our advisors on 03300376958 to find out how we can help your loved one settle in back at home for Christmas.
Nobody should be alone at Christmas
It’s estimated that approximately one million older people in the UK feel the effects of loneliness more at Christmas than any other time of the year, with two-fifths also widowed. Seeing other families getting together for Christmas and the New Year period can be isolating, and for many older people, Christmas Day can feel just the same as any other.
Our visiting carers are here to make sure you or someone close to you has someone to talk to during Christmas and New Year, ensuring that they never have to be by themselves. With visits ranging from 30 minutes through to several hours, you can be sure that your loved one is never alone during the festive period, even if you’re in a different part of the country.
Support for a loved one with specialist needs over Christmas
For those living with conditions such as dementia or those who have sustained brain or spinal injuries, Christmas can be especially difficult. With the help of a Christmas carer, you can help your relative to feel included in the celebrations and still have the support they need.
Even if you’re only having the family together for a few days between Christmas Day and Boxing Day or need full support into the New Year, our carers will be here to help with anything you need, allowing you to spend the festive season all together. They’ll be on hand to assist with:
- Hoisted transfers
- Carrying out hygiene tasks such as bed-baths
- Monitoring PEG feeding, catheters, and stomas
- Assisting with medication
Helping with the finishing touches
It’s the little things that make Christmas such a special and joyful time of year, but there’s lots to think about – from writing Christmas cards, going Christmas shopping and buying the tree to ensuring you have some tasty festive treats in your cupboards and getting out to see friends and loved ones.
There’s also the New Years’ clean up to consider too – whether that’s taking the decorations down or giving your kitchen a thorough clean.
If you’re worried about this time of year – whether that’s being able to put your decorations up or having someone to talk to – our friendly carers are here to help. We can support you with:
- Putting up decorations – getting the decorations down from the loft, draping fairy lights around your fireplace and putting the baubles on the tree.
- Cards and presents – shopping for gifts, wrapping presents, writing cards.
- Going shopping – buying festive food, enjoying a mince pie and coffee whilst you’re out, making sure your cupboards are stocked up.
- Preparing food – baking mince pies, making a traditional Christmas cake, ensuring you have dietary requirements organised with loved ones for Christmas dinner.
- New Years’ clean up – taking decorations down, ensuring the kitchen is clean and tidy, putting gifts away.
We have local teams across England and Wales that can pop in and help you with the festivities. To find your nearest branch, click here.