Peace of mind with ongoing live-in support
It is common for us to be approached by families who’ve been receiving visiting care but find that it either no longer meets their needs or the costs have become too great.
Whether your agency is struggling to meet your existing needs or you’re finding yourself at financial tipping point because of the costs of a visiting carer three or four times a day or even over night, having one permanent carer will become an attractive choice.Request a callback Request a brochure
Thank goodness for our carer, Beth. Dad always got by before but he was desperate to stay at home and with his dementia progressing it meant that he really could not be left alone at all.
[Beth] copes marvellously, I dont know what we would both do without her.
G Garside from Sussex
Other aspects worth considering when you are debating a series of visiting calls versus a live-in carer:
- Continuity of one live-in carer versus the frequency and variety of visiting carers
- Peace of mind knowing that somebody is there, whatever the time of day versus waiting for a carer to visit
- Care is on your terms and to your timetable, not to that of the agency
- We encourage your input in developing a support plan that reflects your expectations, incorporating any personal care but also more ‘social’ needs such as trips out
- Care needs do change – your existing provider may be struggling to meet them; our live-in carer will have the training and experience to adapt as your needs evolve
In most cases a live-in carer can look after two people, thus providing continuity of care and cost savings. There is a preconception that the only option following visiting care is residential. But with live-in care, you have a realistic and affordable alternative.
Choose a full-service provider, from visiting to live-in home care
If you have quite complex needs we will often work together with a visiting carer to ensure that your needs are met. There will be a way that by working together you can stay home.
Other people are interested in...
We’re here seven days a week to talk through your home care needs and find the best option for you. Call 03300376958 or request a callback and we will call you.
Page reviewed by Jill Hopcraft, Regional Care Director on April 24, 2019