Jobs for the over 50s
It’s never too late for a career change. If you’re yearning for a more rewarding job where you’re directly helping someone to get the most out of life, it may be time to consider a career in care.
As a care worker or personal assistant, you’ll be helping people on an individual basis to live the lives they want – from the comfort of their own homes. As either a live-in carer or visiting carer, you’ll play a key part in their life, offering support and companionship and assisting with their independence.
Apply today for a flexible and fulfilling role, and come and join our age-friendly, family-run company with plenty of opportunities for career progression.
Types of home care jobs
There are two types of home care jobs available.
Live-in carer jobs
Working as a live-in carer you can easily mix work with periods off to travel or see family and friends. You’ll be matched with a customer to live in their home with them, staying for 2-6 weeks at a time with daily breaks.
Working as a visiting carer
If you’d prefer to stay in your own home, working as a care assistant means you can visit customers in your local community. You may be available for certain times or particular days each week, working close to home and supporting regular customers.
Benefits of choosing Helping Hands
There are many reasons as to why so many people in their 50s are choosing a career with Helping Hands. Alongside the great rates of pay, you will benefit from:
- Direct employment – we are not an agency, which means you can enjoy holiday pay, ongoing support and a contribution to your pension
- Award-winning training – run by our specialists and following the nationally recognised UK Care Certificate, with extra ongoing training and refreshers
- A supportive work environment – a network of experts means there’s always support available, whether that’s from your manager or our 24/7 carer helpline
- Flexible work patterns – choose between a live-in or visiting role, or offer temporary respite while another caregiver takes a break
- Regular customers – matched to your capabilities, personality and experience
- Career progression – either grow your skills as a carer or move into an office-based role at a branch or at head office
Complete the form below to find out more about the salary and benefits of working as a carer.
Simply register your interest and we'll be in touch
Drop us a line and we’ll contact you with more details about working as a carer at our family-run company. Opportunities are available throughout England and Wales.
Need more information?
We’re here to talk through the many job opportunities available here at Helping Hands. Call us on 03331224269 if you’d like to join our team or send us a message.