Home Care Jobs in Basildon
If you’re feeling stuck in a job that isn’t fulfilling you and you’d much rather prefer to make a difference to people’s lives, then why not consider a career in care with Helping Hands? Joining our friendly Basildon Home Care team will offer opportunities that could see you exceed your potential and end up going further than you’d ever dreamed!
At Helping Hands we’ve been supporting people to live as independently as possible in the home they love for over 30 years, and we’re always looking for the next star to join us; so, if you’re compassionate, patient, and kindness is your thing, why not join us in providing the best live in care and visiting care?
At Helping Hands, we reward our carers’ hard work with great working conditions, including:
- Superior rates of pay compared to other care companies
- A range of contracts and shift patterns to suit your requirements, such as guaranteed pay, flexible, and zero hour
- Generous travel allowance – currently 35p per mile
- Holiday pay accrued and bank holiday entitlement – plus pension scheme
- Early pay option – if you’re having a difficult month
- Free Blue Light Card – Thousands of discounts and offers from various retailers
Because we’re fully regulated by the Care Quality Commission and the Care Inspectorate Wales we can always demonstrate our commitment to the highest quality care standards. We have opportunities across England and Wales because we have over 160 branches in the UK, so there are always opportunities local to you.
We’re looking for carers who have natural qualities of patience, empathy, and aren’t afraid of hard work. In return, we’ll equip you with all of the skills you need to become an incredible carer, and we’ll support your development to ensure the career you deserve.
As a care assistant, your responsibilities could include:
- Preparing and cooking meals to your customers’ taste
- Personal care, such as showering, bathing and getting dressed
- Running errands for your customer, such as fetching medication and grocery shopping
- Housework tasks, including cleaning, vacuuming and dusting
- Supporting customers to attend medical appointments
- Providing companionship to prevent loneliness
Apply for a Live in Care Career Today
It’s easy to apply for a career in care with Helping Hands; you can chat to our helpful recruitment team, or if you’re ready to begin the process immediately, apply today using our careers page.
Whether you want to become a visiting or live-in carer, we are the company to trust. We look forward to hearing from you!Find your next job