Home Care Jobs in Gateshead
At Helping Hands, we have been delivering care at home since 1989 and are recognised as one of the UK’s leading home care providers. If you would like to be part of our family and have what it takes to be a carer, we would love to hear from you.
Our Gateshead care team is looking for kind, compassionate and hardworking individuals to join them in providing visiting care and live in care. You’ll be supporting our clients at home, so they don’t have to relocate to a residential nursing home.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Personal care such as bathing, hair care and continence care
- Running daily errands such as picking up medication, dropping the dry cleaning and the grocery shop
- Assisting with mobility
- Preparing and cooking meals and snacks
- Taking clients out into the community such as the local café and library
- Accompanying clients to medical appointments
We offer our carers many benefits including:
- Access to early pay
- Entitlement to paid holidays, bank holidays and a pension scheme
- Refer a friend and earn £100 as a thank you
- Supportive manager and team
- Free Blue Light Card – thousands of discounts across different categories including cars, fashion, insurance, days out, cinema and much more.
- A competitive pay rate and flexible working hours
- We pay towards your travel allowance
- We will encourage you to complete national qualifications and progress in the company
- Being regulated by the Care Quality Commission and Care Inspectorate Wales, means our carers and clients will always be our main focus
Apply for a Live in Care Career Today
To apply to be a live-in or visiting carer, click on our careers page. It’s simple, all you need to do is fill out an application form and we will get back to you. Good luck!Find your next job