We’re looking for compassionate, caring people who are seeking home care jobs to join our wonderful Birmingham Home Care team!
If you have a kind, empathetic personality and possess a real desire to support people who aren’t always able to take care of themselves, a Helping Hands home care assistant may just be the ideal career for you.
We’re hiring for visiting care and live in care jobs in Birmingham, and with a brilliant range of benefits alongside our industry-leading reputation, we believe we’re the best care provider to work for in the UK.
At Helping Hands, we offer a variety of benefits for our care assistants:
- High pay rates – We pay carers a higher hourly rate than other UK home care companies
- Supportive environment – You’ll get dedicated support from your branch manager and the wider team
- Flexible working arrangements – Tell us your availability and we’ll arrange your schedule around your needs
- Paid travel time – Generous mileage allowance for driving between care calls
- Free Blue Light Card – Offering thousands of great discounts and offers
- Refer-a-friend scheme – You can receive up to £250 as a thank you when you refer a friend
- Work/life balance – You’ll accrue paid holiday and bank holidays, and will be enrolled on our pension scheme
- Progression and qualifications – We’ll support your personal and professional development through training, qualifications and opportunities
- Largest UK home care provider – With over 160 branches across the UK, we’ll almost always be local to you – meaning that even if you move location, you can stay with us
Your responsibilities will include:
- Personal care, such as bathing and helping get dressed
- Preparing and cooking meals
- Running errands, such as grocery shopping
- Assisting with household duties including the laundry, cleaning and vacuuming
- Accompanying our customers to medical appointments
- Providing companionship
Apply for a Live in Care Career Today
We’re looking for brilliant carers to expand our Birmingham team. Previous experience working as a carer or in the care industry is valuable but not essential; what we’re really looking for are people who have a kind and caring nature and possess a desire to make a difference to the well-being of people who need additional support to continue living independently and comfortably.
If you think that’s you, we’d love for you to apply using our careers page!