Dementia Care in Manchester
The symptoms of dementia vary significantly from person to person and the condition is progressive, meaning that people often show different physical and behavioural changes depending on what stage the condition is at. For this reason we tailor every single care package to the individual, so you can be reassured that your loved one is receiving the exact level of care that they need.
Someone diagnosed with dementia may not need any additional support to start with, but they are likely to require some level of care as the condition advances. The needs of someone living with dementia are often varied, and in some cases can be complex. Providing the right level of care and support for your loved one can be crucial to enabling them to continue living an independent, safe, and happy life.Request a callback Email us
Why is home care a good option for someone with dementia?
Maintaining a steady routine is extremely important for someone with dementia; any sudden changes can cause a great deal of stress and upset. At Helping Hands, we do everything we can to support your loved one living with dementia in their own home, so that they don’t have to go through the stress and upheaval of moving away from the place that is most familiar.
Benefits of home care include:
- Continuity of carer – Residential homes and care agencies like to use agency staff, which could mean your loved one is seeing a different person every day. Having care from a private company such as ourselves guarantees you continuity, which is extremely beneficial for those suffering with dementia.
- Round-the-clock support – You might feel that your loved one is no longer safe to be alone for long periods of time. Normal household activities and appliances can become extremely dangerous. Live-in care can provide you with continual care for constant supervision and higher level needs such as personal care and medication support.
- Companionship – A friend or companion can provide a great deal of support to someone suffering with dementia. Your loved one can build a great relationship with their regular carer who will also help them with memory games, cognitive tasks and discussing things that they do remember to keep their mind as active as possible.
- Maintains routine – Continuity and familiarity are so important, especially for those suffering with dementia. The team in Manchester will be able to support you and your loved one in sticking to their normal routine, with their own belongings in their own environment. A sudden change in circumstance can be quite difficult to understand and process.
- Personalisation – We know that you or your relative have your own ways of doing things, and having things ‘just so’ is a big part of being at home. Your carer will slot in to your routine to keep your lifestyle exactly how you like. This element of dementia care is so important in maintaining stability and wellbeing.
A care plan tailored to you
Our Manchester team will design a care plan that has been completely tailored to your loved one. We can provide anything from short weekly visits, to several visits per day and overnight care.
We also provide live-in care, where your loved one will receive round-the-clock support and assistance. Our carers always work to maintain a routine that your loved one is used to and comfortable with, so you get peace of mind knowing that your loved one is being well taken care of.
Your live-in carer will be matched to your loved one to ensure they are a compatible match. We take in to consideration their likes, dislikes, interests and also the sort of care that is required to ensure your carer is the best possible option. Different to an agency, all of our carers work directly for us so we have a fantastic pool of carers to select from.
We understand that the symptoms of dementia vary greatly from person to person and can change quickly. This is why we take the time to get to know you or your loved one and create a care plan that has been completely tailored to your needs. This will then be amended whenever your needs change, to ensure that you are constantly receiving the best possible care.
Friendly qualified, dementia carers in Manchester
Our dedicated team of carers in Manchester all receive award-winning training, and offer unrivalled standards of dementia care. Being one of the UK’s leading dementia care providers means that we place a special focus on dementia care. All Helping Hands carers complete our Helping Hands Dementia Champion programme, which provides extensive training in dementia care.
Every one of our carers is trained to understand dementia and what it’s like to live with and care for someone with the condition. Many of our carers opt to complete additional training modules to further boost their knowledge.
Our Manchester team have been carefully recruited and trained, so we know that they will provide you with the best standard of dementia care possible, but if you have any questions your local Manchester team will be able to support you every step of the way.
Very friendly, helpful and experienced. They are a lifeline for my Mum who has Alzheimer’s. I would recommend them with no reservations to anyone seeking care for those in need… Read more
Mr Bunting, shared on Trustpilot
Find out more about dementia care in Manchester
We understand that families often find it difficult to decide how best to support a loved one diagnosed with dementia.. We know that everyone’s situation is different, which is why we will take the time to listen to your requirements and then discuss the options that could work for you. If you would like to have a chat about how we can help, then just give our friendly Manchester team a call on 01616 387 532. We are here to take your call 7 days a week and can discuss our dementia care with you to arrange the best care plan possible.
Other people are interested in...
We’re here seven days a week to talk through your home care needs and find the best option for you. Call 01616 387 532 or request a callback and we will call you.