Costs Of Assisted Living
Assisted living is designed to provide additional support to people who need it, either at home or in purpose-built accommodation. At Helping Hands, we provide expert assisted living to people who don’t want to leave their home. Historically, people requiring extra support through assisted living have left the home they love and relocated to a residential home.
However, more and more people are now choosing to instead experience assisted living in the comfort of the home they love – where they’re surrounded by familiar furniture, people and scenery, and are able to continue doing the things they love. People who take the home care route discover that, by staying at home, they receive much stronger emotional support and are far less stressed.
We’ve been helping people to retain their independence and maintain their daily routines and hobbies in their own homes since 1989, so we’ve got plenty of experience and insight when it comes to provide the very highest levels of care.
Our brilliant carers are highly trained and fully equipped to assist you around the house and give you as much independence and freedom as possible – whether you need someone to prepare meals, look after pets, undertake continence care, administer medication or so much more. They can also assist you with more general tasks such as popping to the shops, attending appointments and meeting friends.
Unlike most residential homes, our assisted living packages are extremely flexible and can be tailored to your individual requirements to ensure you’re receiving a level of support that meets your requirements and wishes. Depending on your needs and your condition, we provide both visiting or live-in care, and are able to adjust your care plan accordingly as your condition changes.Request a callback Email us
How Much Does Assisted Living Cost?
We’ll be able to provide you with a specific quote once your local care team have had the opportunity to meet you, but here’s a guide to our home care fees:
• Prices for one-to-one personal home care start from £20 per hour
• Prices are flexible across 30, 45 and 60 minute slots
• Our pricing structure will vary slightly depending on your specific care needs and your location, and overnight, weekend and bank holiday care will also be priced differently
• To ensure our carers are properly compensated, each visit carries a call-out fee of £3.50
For care lasting more than one month, your local care specialist will provide a free home visit to assess your needs, and you’ll receive ongoing support from a dedicated contact to ensure you’re happy with our service.
Our Live-in Care rates vary depending on the level of care required, but costs start from:
• £1,125 per week for a single person
• £1,425 per week for a couple
The Value of Assisted Living
There are numerous benefits that come with assisted living at home. These include, but are not limited to:
• Having someone to help in the event of an emergency
• Having hearty, nutritious meals cooked for you
• Increased privacy, personal space and peacefulness
• Improved personal hygiene and cleanliness
• Companionship and emotional support
• Help with frailty and mobility problems
• Increased protection against financial scams
• Compassionate, person-centred care that makes you feel truly valued