Continuing Healthcare Support With CHC Teams
As a leading UK home care specialist, we regularly work with CCG’s and Continuing Healthcare (CHC) teams, including Clinical Leads and Nurse Assessors, to organise packages of NHS funded – fast track, complex and 24 hour care across the country. Our clinical experience allows us to work in partnership with DST completion and reviews.
With a unique understanding of CHC teams’ requirements, we acknowledge at all times adherence to the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care.
What CHC professionals can expect from us:
- Advisors, Healthcare Specialists and Care Managers with a thorough understanding of requirements for fast-track palliative and complex care cases
- A range of package options – including 30 minute per week domiciliary, short-term respite care and 24 hour care (with Carer living in or within travelling distance)
- A highly reactive service with a dedicated CHC fax line and same day starts – we have previously started care within 6 hours of initial enquiry
- A reactive service to aid hospital discharges and reduce bed blocking
- Condition expertise – with a dedicated clinical team of clinical nurse specialists and including a Clinical Assistant, a Dementia Specialist and Care Managers with specific condition knowledge. Our clinical team has a great depth and breadth of clinical expertise and knowledge, between them over 120 years of nursing experience.
- The organisation and implementation of care packages with adaptability, professionalism and transparency
- A commitment to continuity of care
- Directly employed and locally-managed Carers to ensure continuity of high quality care
- Bespoke nurse-led services that balance patients’ complex care needs with their need for independence
- Individualised care packages that incorporate housekeeping support through to full nurse- led complex care
- A dedicated out-of-hours service to support emergency situations
- Ease of transaction and transparent costing
- Support with both pre and post panel of approval cases
- Fully CQC (Care Quality Commission) regulated services
We continue to work closely with CHC teams and families to organise person-centred packages of care. As a home care provider that is passionate about patient/service user control, choice and independence, we welcome the personal budget scheme and the new options it brings for people living in the UK.
We work extremely hard to aid the transition process and ensure that patient/service users are receiving a high quality service that is in line with NHS personal care budget rights and stipulations.
Next steps for CHC professionals
Here, at Helping Hands, we are very proud of our services and our existing CHC partnerships. If you are a CHC professional who seeks a reputable and regulated home care provider to support your cases, please contact a member of our advice team who will be happy to help.
Contact our team of experts today to find out more about the continuing healthcare services we provide.