Discover the benefits of 24-hour support in the home you love
With the daily help from a live-in carer, you or your loved one have the choice to stay in your own home. Our customers, like Winifred (see below), say that the one-to-one support they receive is beyond compare.
What is live-in care?
Live-in care is when a fully trained carer lives with you in your home, supporting with your day-to-day needs and even being on call overnight. For many, live-in care becomes a lifeline, helping them to maintain their independence by avoiding a move into a residential care home.
Whether it’s helping with personal care, keeping on top of the chores or moving round the house, many of our carers become a rock to their clients, enabling them to live the way they want every day.
Call us today to talk about your care needs and see how live-in care may suit you.Request a callback Request a brochure
Winifred's story: Live-in care for my mother, just like a daughter would
Winfred got in touch with us after her elderly mother suddenly became quite frail. She shared her story about the process: “With no experience of selecting carers I used my hunch and selected Helping Hands to find someone suitable.
“From the first interview I was impressed – they were so determined to find someone who would fit with my mother’s personality and needs. My expectations were exceeded and my mother is now cared for by a member of staff who behaves in every sense like a loving daughter. She also has the benefit of having the training and support of the organisation behind her.
“I know that my mother’s last days are being spent being cared for in a way that she thoroughly deserves – and I’m sure you can imagine how relieved I am.”
What are the benefits of live-in care?
There are many reasons why people choose a live-in carer or support worker. Here are the main ones:
- Staying in your own home in the environment you love the most
- Avoiding change – daily life can stay much the same with that extra support
- Flexible care built around you – your carer helps as much or little as you like
- Keeping the same routines, hobbies and interests
- Companionship, whether it’s sharing meals, watching TV or enjoying days out
- Family and friends can still come and go as normal
- Emotional support – many carers become more like friends to our customers
Your live-in carer will also handle:
- Cooking meals – preparing nutritious meals according to your tastes
- Running errands – whether it’s food shopping or fetching your prescription
- Housekeeping – keeping your home clean and tidy
- Overnight care – call up to twice each night
- Pets – feeding, walking and caring for your pets, if you have any
Finding the right live-in carer for you
With a handpicked live-in carer, your life can stay much the same as before. The big change is that you have the dedicated round-the-clock support to make that so.
The idea of welcoming a new person into your home and life may seem a little daunting at first. But we walk you through each step of the way and place so much importance on matching you with someone you feel the most comfortable with and who understands your routines, likes and interests.
It may be that you’d like:
- a carer with a certain level of experience and/or specialist training
- a carer who can drive
- a choice of male or female carers to support your personal care needs
- somebody who shares your hobby or interests
- a carer who is comfortable looking after your animals
Other people are interested in...
We’re here seven days a week to talk through your home care needs and find the best option for you. Call 08437770026 or request a callback and we will call you.