Career changes for retirees
Have you ever considered a role in care? Whether you’ve retired and looking for a change of career, or seeking something new after the children have flown the nest, a care job could be just for you.
Helping Hands is an age-friendly, family-run company that sees the value of life experience and the part it plays in developing truly kind, compassionate and thoughtful carers.
Alongside the salary, paid holidays and pension contributions, the role of a carer offers a strong purpose and fantastic chance to meet new people. You’ll be supporting someone on a one-to-one basis and making a real difference to their life.
Every week of the year, we’re training new carers for rewarding roles in care. Register your interest today to find out more.
Rewarding jobs for older workers
Like many of our carers, you may have been unofficially caring for others your whole life. Now, why not join the many people who are using these skills to help someone live independently at home.
Our carers come from all walks of life and of all ages, from 18 years and to our most mature in their 80s. A caring heart is all it takes, as we provide full training and ongoing support.
Jobs for live-in carers
Living with a carefully matched customer for 2-6 weeks at a time, live-in carers really enjoy the flexibility of mixing work with time off to holiday, relax at home or visit family and friends.
Jobs for visiting carers
There are many flexible opportunities to visit and support regular customers in your local area too, with guaranteed hours available for set times or particular days of the week.
Benefits of working as a carer
By joining the Helping Hands team you’ll benefit from:
- Direct employment – you’ll enjoy the perks of being directly employed, including holiday pay and pension contributions.
- Award-winning training – you’ll be trained by our specialists before you start, with extra training and refreshers as required.
- Ongoing support – from your locally based manager and our 24/7 carer helpline. We also offer job shadowing opportunities, and provide mentors for all live-in carers.
- Flexible work patterns – both live-in care and visiting roles available, and options to provide temporary respite when other carers take a break.
- Career progression – opportunities to grow your skills as a carer or move into an office-based role, at your local branch or our Warwickshire head office.
Helping Hands is the only care company recognised in the UK’s Best Places to Work 2018, compiled by employee reviews giant Glassdoor.
Register your interest for carer jobs
Get in touch to find out more about careers in care throughout England and Wales.
Need more information?
We’re here to talk through the many job opportunities available here at Helping Hands. Call us on 03331224269 if you’d like to join our team or send us a message.