Rewarding job opportunities in care
Looking for a new challenge or change in direction? If you’re the sort of person who is always there for others, a career in care could be perfect for you.
By joining our team as a care worker or personal assistant, you’ll be able to turn your passion for helping people into a career. You’ll be supporting people of all ages to live comfortable and fulfilled lives from their own homes, offering all the encouragement and care that they need to live life to the full.
We have a range of flexible openings available for both live-in and visiting carers. So if you want to make a difference in people’s lives, join our age-friendly, family-run company with plenty of opportunities for career progression.
Types of home care jobs
Here at Helping Hands, we have two types of carers: live-in and visiting carers.
Live-in carer jobs
By being a live-in carer, you can combine your work with time to meet up with friends and family. We’ll carefully match you to customer, who you will live with in their home for 2-6 weeks at a time with daily breaks. Live-in carer opportunities are available across England and Wales, so if it’s also your dream to travel, this could be a great way to do so.
Working as a visiting carer
If you’d rather stay close to your own home, working as a care assistant means you can support people in your local community. You’ll be caring for regular customers in their homes at certain times or particular days each week, helping with everything from personal care to offering companionship.
Why choose Helping Hands?
It’s never too late to start a new career. As well as a competitive rate of pay, people in their 60s who choose a career with Helping Hands benefit from:
- Being direct employed – because we’re not an agency, you’ll have access to holiday pay, pension contributions and ongoing support
- Specialist training – our expert training specialists follow all key parts of the Care Certificate, with opportunities for additional training and refresher courses
- Ongoing support – we’re always here to support should you need it, whether it’s from your manager, mentor or our 24/7 carer helpline
- Flexible work patterns – apply for either a live-in or visiting role, or offer temporary respite while another caregiver takes a break
- Regular customers – matched to your capabilities, personality and experience
- The chance to develop – as a national care provider there are plenty of opportunities for career progression, even moving into an office-based role
Interested in learning where a career in care could take you? Complete the form below to find out more about the salary and benefits of working as a carer.
Simply register your interest and we'll be in touch
Drop us a line and we’ll contact you with more details about working as a carer at our family-run company. Opportunities are available throughout England and Wales.
Need more information?
We’re here to talk through the many job opportunities available here at Helping Hands. Call us on 03331224269 if you’d like to join our team or send us a message.