Live-in care and visiting home care in Highbury & Islington
Located just a short walk away from Archway underground station, our passionate team in Highbury & Islington offers home care services in Highbury, Islington, Walthamstow, Stratford, Finsbury Park, Hackney, Tottenham and the surrounding areas.
Our carers are chosen for their compassionate, thoughtful and hardworking nature and are expertly trained to assist you with different aspects of your daily schedule, including companionship, personal care, a little help with household tasks or meal preparation, and medication organisation.
An approved care provider in Age UK’s Business Directory for London, we also provide live-in care, clinical care, respite support, and housekeeping services to families throughout the area.
Meet Hayley, our Branch Manager
"Hi, I’m Hayley. I’ve lived in the surrounding area for over 20 years and this means that I have a really good understanding of the local community. I love that Helping Hands provides a diverse range of services, all to make sure that anyone has the chance to have the right care in their own home".
Highbury & Islington visiting home care
Our carers all live locally to the area and are available to help people to live independently at home. They have all undergone training to allow them to care for people with conditions such as dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, a spinal injury, acquired brain injury, or with life after a stroke.
With visits from just 30 minutes through to longer stays and overnight care, our carers can help in a number of ways:
- Companionship – quality time as a companion, chatting over a hot drink or simply keeping you company.
- Meal preparation – preparing and cooking nutritious meals that are to your taste. Our carers are even able to go shopping for you to gather the ingredients too.
- Personal care – support with washing and dressing, providing continence care or applying lotions, all in the comfort of your own home and with your dignity and comfort as priorities.
- Medication support – they can remind you to take the right dosage at the correct time, or precisely administer your medication.
- Clinical care – if you are living with a more complex health condition, you can still be fully supported at home with assistance with your stoma, catheter, ventilator, or PEG-feeding tube.
- Mobility support – our carers are trained in using various mobility aids such as hoisting systems, slide sheets and wheelchairs to help you move safely around your home.
We can arrange for care to start in as little as 24 hours of you getting touch, with this time being even shorter in emergency situations. Temporary respite care is also available, should your regular carer need a break, or if you only need short-term support.
My carer is wonderful! I cannot thank her and Helping Hands enough.
Brenda, a visiting care customer
Housekeeping services in Highbury & Islington
A clean house always feels welcoming and comfortable, and our services help to make this happen. We can help with a number of housekeeping tasks, or can even run some errands for you, to keep your home exactly the way you like it.
We offer regular and fully-managed support with the following jobs:
- Vacuuming and dusting – these small tasks can build up over time, but we can help to keep on top of them
- Preparing meals or snacks – you may have specific dietary requirements, or preferences, and we can prepare delicious meals to suit these
- Pet care – if you need support with taking your dog for daily walks, or want some help ensuring that your pet is fed and has a fresh bowl of water, we can set up regular visits to make this happen
- Ad hoc cleaning tasks – an entirely flexible service, you can set specific tasks to complete each day based on what you need and your list of priorities
Whether you just need half an hour of weekly household support or would like a daily visit to keep on top of your chores, our range of housekeeping services can ease any pressure.
With nearly 30 years’ experience in providing excellent assistance, we are committed to providing the best service to suit both your lifestyle and home.
Full-time or respite live-in home care
Since 1989, we’ve been offering live-in care and have provided thousands of families with the extra comfort and reassurance of either ongoing or temporary live-in support.
Live-in care enables you to live the life you want, on your terms. By listening and getting to know you, we’ll create a support plan which allows you to continue living independently but still receive any support you need, in the home you know and love.
We fully understand the importance of matching you with the right carer, someone who tailors their care to your likes, interests and needs. So we go the extra mile to ensure you have someone who you connect with and trust.
Dementia care specialists and nurse-led support
A change in routines and environment can be overwhelming and even frightening for someone who’s living with dementia. That’s why we offer home care, rather than residential care, so you or your loved one can stay in the place you know and love.
As the nation’s leading dementia home care provider, we have almost three decades of experience in caring for people who are living with dementia. Our carers understand that familiarity and continuity are important and so, guided by our team of dementia specialists, they are on hand to help manage any challenges.
As well as this, we work alongside a dedicated team of nursing specialists to also enable those with more advanced conditions to continue to live at home and still have all of their care needs met.
Qualified, friendly and local carers
Our carers come from many different backgrounds, with varying levels of professional and personal experiences. All Highbury & Islington carers undergo an enhanced DBS check and go through a meticulous selection process. They’re hand-picked for their passion, caring personality and commitment to the role to ensure that they always deliver the highest quality of home care.
Our carers complete award-winning and comprehensive care training which is run by expert trainers who all have hands-on experience in home care. They learn theory as well as practical skills to give them the abilities required to provide excellent care in the home.
They are also directly employed by us so will receive our continuous support and further training when needed.
Someone is always at the other end of the phone to help when needed. The training has been brilliant and everyone is very friendly.
A visiting carer, posted on Glassdoor
Find out more about home care in Highbury & Islington
You may be unsure about where to start when researching the options for care, but our friendly team is here to help.
If you’re receiving direct payments for social care through social services, we are able to accept top-ups to these payments. Simply call one of our knowledgeable advisors and we can talk you through the options that could work for your family.Request a callback Email us
Areas covered by our Highbury & Islington branch:
Visit our branch, open Mon-Fri
You can visit our Highbury & Islington care team on Archway Road, Highbury on Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm (excluding bank holidays).
Phone lines open 7 days a week
If you’d like to discuss your home care options and set-up a meeting with Hayley and her team, please get in touch with us on 02038117577. We’re here to take your call seven days a week: