Emotional Well-being and Dignified Care
Each individual’s needs and wants are different and we at Helping Hands fully understand and embrace this. The in-home care that we provide is tailored to each individual, and is second to none. We take the time to get to know our customers and their particular situations.
From the first moment that you contact us, our aim is simple; to make you feel as comfortable and secure as possible. Everyone that we care for is treated as an individual with dignity and respect. We worked with a specialist dignity advisor and champion, Dr Rekha Elaswarapu, to form the Helping Hands Dignity Pledge which all our carers commit to:-
- We will work with you and your family to understand and establish your needs, wishes and preferences and plan your care accordingly.
- We will keep you informed at all times and involve you in all the decisions to ensure choice, independence and control,
- We will speak with you respectfully and listen to what you have to say.
- We will prepare your meals according to your wishes and provide you help with eating and drinking where required.
- We will respect your privacy when providing personal care and will support you to maintain your personal standards of hygiene.
- We will ensure that you receive your medication on time.
- We will enable you to maintain your independence and let you carry out practical activities if youi wish to do so.
- We will maintain strict confidentiality about your personal information.
- We will support you in keeping in touch with your family and friends and undertake social activities.
- We will ensure that you are safe in your home and protect you from any kind of physical, financial or emotional abuse.
- We will provide you with the opportunity and means to raise your concerns without fear when our service does not meet your expectations.
- We will listen and act upon concerns/complaints in a professional manner.