How much does dementia care cost?
When you’re living with a type of dementia you will most likely need an element of care eventually, and who better to have supporting you than a dementia specialist company? Helping Hands has been supporting people with dementia to live as independently as possible within their own homes since 1989, so it’s no wonder we are the experts.
Remaining in your own home when living with dementia can be especially beneficial, as being in familiar surroundings, with items and photographs that stir an emotional response, can reduce the risk of anxiety and confusion. There are over 100 different types of dementia, although the most common forms are Alzheimer’s or Vascular dementia. Regardless of the type you’re living with though, we can support you to remain in the place you love most, your own home.
We offer two types of dementia care at home: visiting care or live-in care, each having their own pricing structure. Your own personalised quote will be arranged after speaking to our helpful and knowledgeable care advisors.Request a callback Email us
Visiting dementia care costs
- Prices start from £22.29 per hour for one-to-one personal home care
- Flexible costs for visits lasting 30, 45 or 60 minutes
- Prices depend on your location and specific care needs, with differences for overnight care and support provided during weekends and bank holidays
- Call-out fee of £3.50 per visit to cover travel costs
Live-in dementia care costs
Live-in Care costs vary depending on the level of support needed, but costs start from:
- £1,460 per week for a single person
- £1,700 per week for a couple
This means that live-in care can be cost effective for couples, allowing them to stay in the home and the community that they know and love.
Cost of dementia respite care
Short-term live-in respite care prices start from £370 per day. This temporary support can be arranged for as little as three days, all the way up to four weeks of support. If you need support for more than four weeks, our weekly prices for live-in care apply.
Paying for dementia care
We understand how stressful it can be organising care for yourself or a loved one. That’s why we’ll aim to keep things as simple and straight-forward as possible when it comes to costs. We are:
- Upfront and transparent about our home care costs. There are no hidden fees or lengthy notice periods.
- Not a care agency, so you don’t have to worry about agency fees or retainers.
- Able to accept direct payments. If you’re receiving funding through social services and have opted for direct payments, we’re able to accept top-ups to these payments.
Although the majority of our families are paying for their care privately, there may be the opportunity for you to access home care funding from either your Local Authority or Clinical Commissioning Group. In these cases, we work with the funding body to get the support you need in place and give you a better quality of life at home.
Contact us for dementia care support
While it might take some time for you to settle down to the idea of having a carer visit you regularly or live in your home, you will hopefully never consider it anything but worthwhile. To learn more about how we could be supporting you or your loved ones, please call our helpful customer care specialists today, they’re available seven days a week to advise you. Alternatively, contact us via our website and we’ll be happy to call you back.