A panic alarm can be a reassuring tool in your senior years, helping you to feel safer at home and also providing peace of mind for your loved ones. It could be that you live alone, with a loved one or have periods of time away from your family; whatever your circumstances, panic alarms can bring a great amount of comfort.
If you’re looking at investing in a panic alarm for your home, we’ve put together a list of the top five alarm pendants to make the decision easier, so that you can select the right one for you.
What are the top five alarm pendants for older people?
- A compact unit weighing just 7g, the Lifeline pendant has a range of 100 metres from the alarm system. It can be worn on the wrist, around your neck or attached to a belt. It is also waterproof so that you are just as safe during a shower or bath. You can buy an additional pendant for a second user in the same property for an additional £5.00 per month, which will connect to the main system.
- You can activate the alarm by pressing the button on the pendant, and the 24/7 monitoring means that someone will answer almost instantly at any time. Highly trained staff will establish whether they need to contact your loved ones or emergency services, and the staff will stay speaking to you on the speaker until help has arrived.
- There is an initial cost of £72.47 for the system, then after three months it is £12.49 per month.
- A sturdy alarm that is attached by a key ring, the Yepzon alarm uses GPS and WiFi connection which ensures that you can be located no matter how far away you are from the connected device. This is a great option for those wanting reassurance outside of the home, as the remote connection means you can use the alarm out and about as well as at home.
- Download the Yepzon app on your smartphone or tablet to connect the safety alarm. One device can be tracked by several phones through the app, meaning friends and family can locate your whereabouts and will be alerted if you press the button. To raise the alarm, press the SOS button located on the alarm which will notify your loved ones.
- From £99.00 for the alarm, it comes with a built in SIM card and approximately one month’s worth of data, with an ongoing data cost of around £4.95 per month depending on usage.
- A compact pendant, the Age UK digital personal alarm can be worn in many ways and works up to 75 metres away from the base system. It is water-resistant up to 1 metre, so you can keep it on for showering and bathing.
- To sound the alarm, press the button on the pendant where you will be connected to someone within the UK-based resolution centres, who are available 24 hours a day and have a response time of five seconds. The responder will then decide whether they need to contact your loved ones or the emergency services.
- With an initial set-up cost of £82.80, there is then a monthly payment of £28.79.
- The Telecare 24 Pendant Alarm can be worn as a lanyard or on your wrist, it is also water-resistant so that you can wear it whilst bathing.
- To activate the alarm, simply press the button on the pendant and you will be connected to their care team who are available to respond 24 hours a day. You can also press the red button on the base unit itself if you need urgent assistance.
- With an initial set-up fee of £45.00, you can choose between an annual cost of £120.00 or a quarterly cost of £41.97.
- The SureSafe pendant can be worn as a pendant or wristband, it has a 100-metre range from the base system and is completely waterproof for safe use in showers and baths.
- To activate the alarm, press the button on the pendant and you will be connected to a responder; a service that is available 24 hours a day.
- With an initial set-up fee of £45.00, you can choose from either a monthly payment of £14.99 or £89.00 for a year.
|Features||Lifeline24 VI Alarm & Pendant||Yepzon Freedom Personal Safety Alarm||Age UK Personal Alarm||Telecare 24 Pendant Alarm||SureSafe Personal Alarm|
|Range||100 metres||Limitless||75 metres||100 metres||100 metres|
|Rolling cost (per month)||£12.49||£4.95||£28.79||£13.99||£14.99|
|Emergency call centre 24/7||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
If you need a helping hand…
Alongside the reassurance of a personal alarm, you may find that you or your loved one need some extra support to make life at home easier. Elderly care plans with Helping Hands start from as little as 30 minutes all the way up to 24 hour live-in support, meaning that whatever your needs may be, we’re here to help.
For more information, please call 0330 029 8699 or request a callback and we will call you.